Barbados is a medium-sized island that is 21 miles long by 14 miles wide, located in the far South-Eastern corner of the Caribbean, it's semi-tropical with an average temp of 30ºC with only nominal seasonal variations.
Prevailing trade winds blow steadily so that although it is bright and sunny, it isn't unbearably hot.
Rain usually comes in short showers and is usually followed quickly by sunny skies and within minutes everything will be dry.
The name Barbados is derived from the Portuguese word Los Barbudos and means “the bearded ones” which most believe to be a reference to the many bearded fig trees on the island.
- Marry straight away as there is no residential period
- English speaking country
- Top rated beaches
- The drinking water is amongst the purest in the world - no upset tummies!
- Temperature is more or less a constant 30ºC all year
- Warm and sunny all year round
- The people (known as Bajans) are warm and friendly
- Geographically varied offering flat coral sand beaches as well as rolling hills, deep ridges, gullies, underground caves and lakes. Barbados is a unique Caribbean paradise.oh yes
- Good transport links
- World-class restaurants
- Stay on after your wedding for an amazing honeymoon